[Biostudent] Leadership Firesides is Back! Course Open to All Students

BIOLOGY bioladv at uw.edu
Thu Nov 16 15:19:03 PST 2023

Leadership Firesides is Back! Course Open to All Students

The Community Engagement and Leadership Education (CELE) Center and the NextGen Civic Leader Corps<https://evans.uw.edu/academic-programs/undergraduate-programs/next-gen/> would love your support in reaching student who might be interested in a one-credit Winter Quarter course.

The "Leadership Firesides Series" is a wonderful opportunity for students to be in conversation with a variety of civic leaders about their career journey, leadership philosophy, and how they cultivate personal resilience.
A course description and flyer are attached.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We greatly appreciate the help in getting the word out!
Course Description:
The Leadership Firesides Series (LEAD 298 D) is a Winter Quarter course that offers the opportunity engage in captivating conversations with a diverse array of civic leaders, each with unique experiences in city government, public service, and nonprofit roles. Leaders will share their proven approaches to leadership, their inspiring career journeys, and the secrets to staying resilient in the face of adversity.

LEAD 298, SLN 16640 is a one-credit course, offered as CR/NC. Sessions are in person on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:20pm. The course is open to all undergraduate students. Registration is open.

KATHRYN PURSCH CORNFORTH (she/her)

Director of Community Engagement
Community Engagement and Leadership Education (CELE)
Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity

physical address: Mary Gates Hall Suite 171
mailing address: Mary Gates Hall, Box 352803, Seattle, WA 98195-2803

206.616.0784
purschk at uw.edu<mailto:purschk at uw.edu>
cele.uw.edu

We acknowledge the people-past, present, and future-of the Dkhw'Duw'Abash, the Duwamish Tribe, the Muckleshoot tribe, and other tribes on whose traditional land we study and work.

[cid:7776ed43-f07f-41c0-9499-17744c1dabf6]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/e97c5e0edbd249e8bde0edfdfe403c7e@uw.edu?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!igNvjxWfdVSh9qjkLir1jU0dF6zcu0XmsfjD_dMvaSi9lfiu5gMUrxiy_mdhWznwEH-V3P8ksgQDL-ch8c_Munw$>
Book time to meet with me<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/e97c5e0edbd249e8bde0edfdfe403c7e@uw.edu?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!igNvjxWfdVSh9qjkLir1jU0dF6zcu0XmsfjD_dMvaSi9lfiu5gMUrxiy_mdhWznwEH-V3P8ksgQDL-ch8c_Munw$>