[Biostudent] FW: Biology Undergraduate Awards Information - Autumn 2023

BIOLOGY bioladv at uw.edu
Wed Oct 18 12:49:13 PDT 2023

Hi Biology undergraduates,

Reminder to submit your applications for the Autumn 2023 Biology Scholarships and Awards – applications close next Tuesday, October 24th at 4:00pm. Please also remind your faculty recommender of this due date as well.

Undergraduate awards are broken down into three categories:
1. Scholarships: provide tuition support and require demonstrated financial need and a copy of your FAFSA (NOTE: International students are ineligible for scholarships, as your FAFSA will return as "no need".)
2. Research Awards: support research expenses and registration/travel for conferences. An itemized budget table and budget justification with dollar amounts must be submitted for consideration.
3. Prizes: these have no expenditure restrictions and can be used at the student's discretion, but have specific requirements (see Ingrith Deyrup-Olsen Award and Franco Award)

Detailed information can be found on the Biology Undergraduate Awards website here: https://www.biology.washington.edu/programs/undergraduate/awards. (Deadlines for the Winter 2024 awards cycle are forthcoming.)

If you are applying for multiple award categories, please include all materials for each category. Students are free to apply to as many awards as they are eligible for.

Autumn 2023 awards applications will be due by Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 4:00pm. Late applications will not be accepted.

Questions? Please contact Joyce Antonio, joyceca at uw.edu<mailto:joyceca at uw.edu>. Please note that I am working a reduced schedule (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), so my responses may be delayed, but I will try to address awards questions as promptly as possible.

Best,
Joyce

206-685-2185 / joyceca at uw.edu<mailto:joyceca at uw.edu>
biology.washington.edu<https://www.biology.washington.edu/>