[Biostudent] 28th Black Graduation and Kente Ceremony - REGISTER TODAY!

BIOLOGY via Biostudent biostudent at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 22 16:01:32 PDT 2024

Subject: [Advisers] Fwd: 28th Black Graduation and Kente Ceremony - REGISTER TODAY!

Greetings Advisers,

I hope this email finds you all well. My name is Paul Metellus and I am the staff co-chair of the Black Graduation and Kente Ceremony committee. We are excitedly preparing for this year's ceremony and we need your assistance in sharing the word with the Black graduates in your department.

All Black graduating students: undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, should have received the below email inviting them to register to participate in this year's ceremony, which will take place on Sunday, June 2, 2024 at 7:00pm. Our registration deadline to participate in this year's ceremony is Friday, May 10, 2024.

New This Year: This year's Black Graduation and Kente Ceremony is open to students on all three UW campuses - making this year's ceremony a tri-campus event for the first time. Advisers on the UW Bothell and Tacoma campus, please share this information with your students as well, as they would've received the below email inviting them to register.

If you or your students have any questions about the ceremony, please have them reach out to uwblackg at uw.edu<mailto:uwblackg at uw.edu>.

Best,

Paul Metellus, M.Ed.
Assistant Director for Student Success - Brotherhood Initiative
College of Education | University of Washington
Brooklyn Trails Building | Box 355667
Seattle, WA 98105
Phone: 206-616-3131
Email: metellph at uw.edu<mailto:metellph at uw.edu>