[Biostudent] You’re invited: Benefit concert to support maternal and child health in Sierra Leone

BIOLOGY via Biostudent biostudent at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 29 15:45:12 PDT 2024

SUBJECT: You’re invited: Benefit concert to support maternal and child health in Sierra Leone

_______

Hello all!

UW Partners in Health Engage is a nonprofit organization that focuses on advancing the right to health for all people. We believe that no one is healthy until everyone is healthy, and equitable distribution of health resources is key to achieving this goal. Through advocacy, education, and fundraising, we work to fight against systems of racism, colonialism, and oppression that reduce health around the world.

On Thursday, May 11th, at 7PM PDT in the Ethnic Cultural Theater, we will be hosting a benefit concert, Songs In Solidarity, the proceeds of which will be donated in full to the Sierra Leone Maternal Center of Excellence (MCoE). 1 in 17 women in Sierra Leone will die prematurely from a maternal cause, and the MCoE is hoping to change that statistic.

Tickets are a $5 donation, and can be purchased by filling out this google form and venmoing UW PIHE: https://forms.gle/vESDHNApBN48HQyt8<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.gle/vESDHNApBN48HQyt8__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!lykrofrL6ypSz8fIOH7wHoNN5Yivs8E39bGodBh5TK4vB-66P2ETaM9sRx2Xe5hsF5uS3vETfToNyPs$>. We are thrilled to be able to host the incredible performers Racoon Energy, BarBari, Half Life, and Unleased! A Capella for this event. Join us for a night filled with music, entertainment, and global health information!

If you would like to donate to the Sierra Leone MCOE but cannot make it to the event, or would like to donate more than the ticket price, you can do so by adding to your venmo and specifying in the comment.

If you’re interested in donating to receive a “Healthcare is a Human Right” totebag or sweatshirt, you can do so here:

Totes: https://www.bonfire.com/pih-uw-tote/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.bonfire.com/pih-uw-tote/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!lykrofrL6ypSz8fIOH7wHoNN5Yivs8E39bGodBh5TK4vB-66P2ETaM9sRx2Xe5hsF5uS3vETnxf7T0g$>

Sweatshirt: https://www.bonfire.com/pihe-uw/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.bonfire.com/pihe-uw/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!lykrofrL6ypSz8fIOH7wHoNN5Yivs8E39bGodBh5TK4vB-66P2ETaM9sRx2Xe5hsF5uS3vETZZh--B0$>

If you’re interested in learning more about PIHE, sign up for our email newsletter via the ticket form or keep up with us on instagram @pihengageuw.

Please contact Samantha, slyons9 at uw.edu<mailto:slyons9 at uw.edu>, with any questions.

Thank you, and we hope to see you at Songs In Solidarity 2021!

Best,

Partners in Health Engage UW Leadership Team