[Biostudent] Spring 2024 Classes - Special topics and a Seminar

BIOLOGY bioladv at uw.edu
Wed Jan 31 10:24:46 PST 2024

We have one special topic class this Spring, which will not show on your DARS until after the first week of classes

BIOL 496A Exercise Physiology lecture and lab - Human physiology with a focus on exercise physiology. You will have the opportunity for exercise related experimental design in the lab portion.

This will count toward electives and 2nd lab in MCD, and area 4 in GEN or Breadth in EEC. It will count as a Physio class and lab in Animal and Plant Physio.

You must have BIOL 220, and 350 is highly recommended

And here is a further description of one of the senior seminars in the Spring. We have many offered in the Spring, whether they count towards your degree requirements is dependent on your option.

BIOL 485B Seminar in MCD - Our goal is to explore ongoing research. We will read one primary literature article each week, focusing on research from local labs – this is our ‘Husky Playground’ of scientific research! To consider how research evolves, we are specifically going to read two articles (over two weeks, one article each week) from highlighted labs.

Remember Spring Registration begins next Friday, Feb 9th!

Biology Advising
University of Washington, BOX 355320
318 Hitchcock Hall
http://www.biology.washington.edu/programs/undergraduate

Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):

Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Join Zoom Meeting https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544

Advising Sessions via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person advising available by appointment only.

Please include your name and student number in your emails.