[Biostudent] Environmental Public Health Information Sessions, application deadline Apr12

BIOLOGY bioladv at uw.edu
Mon Mar 25 16:28:59 PDT 2024

Spring Qtr. 2024 Information Sessions

* Thurs. March 28, 2024 | 12:30-1:20 PM | Register HERE<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYqceqvrTwvH9w1c1bpakh3VxfK6_IMsK_v__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!igfUHDUpdRPN0k68ljaVmevkG8wwTFbKWXkb1f8mdL5M0BM-bU2NdGURny6ZQpKX5NQgffItZ5BbuJdqhUc4aw$>
* Tue. April 9, 2024 | 12:30-1:20 PM | Register HERE<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0sce6hrT4qHNPBgSNbqvb6S5dnbD0ZnDjO__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!igfUHDUpdRPN0k68ljaVmevkG8wwTFbKWXkb1f8mdL5M0BM-bU2NdGURny6ZQpKX5NQgffItZ5BbuJexFBcJag$>
* Wed. May 1, 2024 | 11:30 AM - 12:20 PM | Register HERE<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwscumhqzoiGdXDrfitFPajRu33M1Mpq8T5__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!igfUHDUpdRPN0k68ljaVmevkG8wwTFbKWXkb1f8mdL5M0BM-bU2NdGURny6ZQpKX5NQgffItZ5BbuJdAmtfHtw$>
* Wed. May 15, 2024 | 11:30 AM - 12:20 PM | Register HERE<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcvc-qqrDMvEtOX0DYwcATD2NEmanh7tMOX__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!igfUHDUpdRPN0k68ljaVmevkG8wwTFbKWXkb1f8mdL5M0BM-bU2NdGURny6ZQpKX5NQgffItZ5BbuJdyO4veEw$>

======
[DEOHS logo in white against a purple background]
[Graphic showing the addition of the word 'public' to our degree name. The degree name reads 'BS in Environmental Public Health' with the addition.]

Announcing a new name for our
Bachelor of Science major

Combine your STEM skills with our Environmental Public Health degree to make an impact on public health!

Our Bachelor of Science degree has a new name: BS in Environmental Public Health.

We added "Public" to our name to reflect our academic focus at the intersection of human health and the environment and our role as an applied science program within the top-ranked UW School of Public Health.

>From water quality to wildfire smoke to workplace safety, Environmental Public Health majors graduate into high-paying jobs that protect health and create sustainable communities.

[Headshot style image of Amalawa at graduation]

"Every single DEOHS class I've taken, I don't think there's one that I haven't used at least once on the job. With this degree, you really feel like you can do anything."

~ Amalawa Aiwekhoe,
BS graduate, 2022

What makes our BS degree program unique?

* Our 400-hour internship program prepares you for careers in environmental public health, occupational health and safety, health and sustainability, medicine, or for graduate school and research careers.
* Dedicated support from the department's career counselor and internship advisers.
* Small class sizes, personalized support, networking opportunities and skill-building workshops.
One additional change

We have updated our math graduation requirement. Students now complete pre-calculus, not calculus. The Environmental Public Health major is a minimum requirements major<https://deohs.washington.edu/declaring-major>-all students who meet the minimum requirements and can complete the degree within UW's maximum time frame are invited to apply!

Learn more

* Explore our Environmental Public Health major<https://deohs.washington.edu/bachelor-science-environmental-public-health>.
* Read profiles of our BS students<https://deohs.washington.edu/saprofiles?term_node_tid_depth%5B%5D=644&term_node_tid_depth%5B%5D=643&term_node_tid_depth%5B%5D=646&term_node_tid_depth%5B%5D=647&tid_1%5B%5D=642>.
* Learn about degree requirements<https://deohs.washington.edu/degree-requirements>.
* Explore career pathways in the private sector, health care, pre-med and graduate school<https://deohs.washington.edu/undergraduate/career-pathways>.
* Check out our Intro to Environmental Public Health courses<https://deohs.washington.edu/course-information>.
* Talk one-on-one with our academic adviser Janet Hang<https://deohs.washington.edu/prospective-and-current-student-advising>.

Students can apply every quarter. Our next application period is open from March 15 to April 12, 2024. Apply here<https://deohs.washington.edu/declaring-major>.

Questions? Contact us at ehug at uw.edu<mailto:ehug at uw.edu>

Thanks!
Janet Hang

She/Her/Hers
Counseling Services Coordinator
Department of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences

Schedule an Advising Appointment<http://deohs.washington.edu/prospective-and-current-student-advising>
Virtual Drop-in Hours: Every Tuesdays from 2:30-4:00pm via zoom
https://washington.zoom.us/j/530266799<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/j/530266799__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mjhWo9_iOzc5Cnxg9CHkFMHC-q5zIF0AvoYnYji_CGSReSikByxvCi-wUSVZYdOFp5Gs_ZuJwXp7$>

Hans Rosling Center for Population Health, Box 351618
3980 15th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98195

The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nation

Explore the major<https://deohs.washington.edu/bachelor-science-environmental-public-health>

Student Profiles<https://deohs.washington.edu/saprofiles?term_node_tid_depth%5B%5D=643&term_node_tid_depth%5B%5D=646&term_node_tid_depth%5B%5D=647>

Our Courses<https://deohs.washington.edu/course-information>

Career pathways<https://deohs.washington.edu/undergraduate/career-pathways>