[Alpine-info] PGP encryption in Alpine?

Olaf Skibbe via Alpine-info alpine-info at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 9 12:24:26 PDT 2024

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 at 21:29, Carl Edquist wrote:

> Thanks Olaf and Carlos for the recommendations (topal and ppf scripts).

> I'll give them a try!

> I run my own patched alpine as it is, so i don't mind patching it further

> if necessary to get the PGP/MIME support.

I'd be very interested in your results concerning the Topal patch.

There is/was an issue with Alpine and Topal when the encrypted text
contains special characters (like äæß etc.). In case you experience
issues with this, I might be able to give some hints. Phil Brooke
(Topal's author) helped with these problems some years ago (he was also
subscribing this mailing list back then).

All the best
Olaf