[Alpine-info] How do I use gpg to verify alpine-2.26.zip?

ɯ u via Alpine-info alpine-info at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 10 14:18:30 PDT 2024

Hi, I'm a long-time Pine/Alpine user and just noticed I'm mentioned on https://alpineapp.email/alpine/alpine-info/tips/ - thanks! :)

After many years of using an old Alpine, I'm in the midst of installing Alpine 2.26 on one of my Windows devices. I downloaded alpine-2.26.zip from here:

https://alpineapp.email/

I verified the checksum and now want to check the integrity with gpg, but I need some help. I don't know much about gpg, but I was able to use these instructions to verify the Mullvad Browser signature:

Verifying Mullvad Browser signature
https://mullvad.net/en/help/verifying-mullvad-browser-signature

After doing that, I thought OK, now I can kind of use these instructions to verify alpine-2.26.zip. I downloaded Eduardo's GPG public key from:

https://alpineapp.email/alpine/gpg/alpine.chappa@yandex.com.gpg

But what do I do now? I'm thinking that I need a file named something like alpine-2.26.zip.asc? I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you!
Nancy
https://www.ii.com/