[Alpine-info] How do I use gpg to verify alpine-2.26.zip?

Carlos E. R. via Alpine-info alpine-info at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 11 15:29:10 PDT 2024

On 2024-04-11 22:35, NM Public via Alpine-info wrote:

> Thank you very much Carlos. Your steps, especially the two steps quoted

> below worked for me (using Git Bash on Windows)!

> If I write about this on www.ii.com, do you mind if I include your steps

> in my article? I will of course give you credit and link to you - please

> send me a good link to use for you.

Just mention that you were helped in this mail list :-)

I mentioned that my steps have an issue, namely that I got the three
files from the same source, so the verification is actually moot.

The public key has to be obtained independently, and verified with a
chain of trust. Basically, signed by someone who knows Eduardo in
person, or signed by someone who knows someone and both signed one
another, etc. Which is hardly ever possible.

There must be hundreds of howtos and documents explaining these issues
out there.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.