[AMP-L] Body Parts On TV Tonight

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:28:16 PDT 2022

'Body Parts' premiering tonight on TLC delves into the wild world of
'anaplastology' where art and biology intersect to create incredibly
life-like prosthetics

Allison Vest, 42, is a clinical anaplastologist which means she blends art
and biology to create highly-realistic prostheses for missing body parts
out of silicon

'I am a traditionally trained artist that exists in the medical world,' says
Vest, who is based outside of Dallas

The medical reality-series follows patients who have lost noses, eyes,
ears, nipples and limbs as the result of congenital conditions, cancer,
trauma, and infection

Jay Jaszkowski, 56, lost his nose to cancer in 2020 after it was
misdiagnosed as an infection, 'This is something that nobody would
want in their life,' he says. 'I don't like walking around looking like a
freak'

Victoria Mugo, 41, is a quadruple amputee who lost her hands and feet
after going into septic shock from pneumonia

Ian Bohnner, 66, lost his eye as a child due to cancer, Vest says
prosthetic eyes are the most difficult to reproduce because it's difficult to
determine one static location for the eye to 'gaze'

Based out of McKinney, Texas, Vest, 42, is a clinical 'anaplastologist'
- someone who combines art and science to create highly realistic
silicon prostheses for missing anatomy. She is the focus of a new TLC
reality series, 'Body Parts,' airing tonight at 10pm ET.

Wayne R.