[AMP-L] VA Offers Navy Vet Iinnovative Treatment [OSSEO]

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:44:04 PDT 2022

via VAntage Point:

With more than 20 ships named in their honor and over 2,000
decorations of valor awarded, Navy Corpsmen have a well-deserved
reputation for bravery and service to their troops. This dedication to
duty often comes at a high cost, and for Ken Swartz, the cost was his
legs.

"I got hit October 14, 2010," Swartz said. "We were in a firefight in
Iraq. I was trying to get to one of my Marines and I stepped in the wrong
spot."

The wrong spot was an IED, which Swartz said almost surgically
removed both his legs due to the blast.

The IED blast ended Swartz´s Navy career. He returned to the States,
where he re-entered civilian life and adapted to a new life without legs.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/y6rnvfqe

Wayne R.