[AMP-L] Dbl Amputee Pleads Guilty in 'We Build the Wall' Fraudulent Fundraiser

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 04:57:24 PDT 2022

via Voice Of America:

The co-founder of the "We Build The Wall" project aimed at raising
money for a border wall pleaded guilty Thursday to charges in a case
that once included former President Donald Trump's adviser Steve
Bannon.

Brian Kolfage admitted to pocketing hundreds of thousands of dollars
while promising all donations would pay for the wall. His plea came a
month before a trial in a case that began in dramatic fashion in August
2020, when Bannon was pulled from a luxury yacht off the coast of
Connecticut and arrested on allegations that he and three others ripped
off donors trying to fund a southern border wall.

Bannon was pardoned by Trump just before he left office last year.
Bannon had pleaded not guilty to charges he pocketed over $1 million,
using some of the money to secretly pay Kolfage, a 39-year-old Air
Force veteran who lost both legs in a mortar attack in Iraq.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/y2otm2ye

Wayne R.