[AMP-L] PE Teacher's Charity Run After Leg Amputation

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Mon Aug 8 17:56:27 PDT 2022

via The Comet:

A PE teacher who had to have her leg amputated after a wall collapsed
on her during Storm Eunice in February has set her sights on
completing a charity run to thank the NHS staff who have helped her
learn to walk again.

Lauren Cooper, from Stevenage, had ventured outside during Storm
Eunice to check on the condition of her car, having already lost part
of her garden wall due to the storm.

Unknown to Lauren, 31, a brick wall behind her was also unstable and
it collapsed, knocking Lauren over and crushing part of her left leg.

She said: "I didn´t feel the wall hit me. I was just suddenly on the
concrete and my leg was trapped under the wall, but I couldn´t feel
it."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2q2af85c

Wayne R.