[AMP-L] Ongoing Concerns with Vet Access To Timely VA Health Care [Video]

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Fri Jul 8 15:36:51 PDT 2022

via KIRO:

- A new watchdog report is pointing to concerns about veterans still
not always having timely access to health care services through the
Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

The VHA is the largest integrated health care system in the country,
serving more than 9 million veterans.

According to the report from the U.S. Government Accountability
Office (GAO), the VA still needs to address several outstanding
priority recommendations from the GAO, including concerns about long
wait times.

"To ensure reliable measurement of veterans´ wait times for medical
appointments, we recommend that the Secretary of Veterans Affairs
direct the Under Secretary for Health to take actions to improve the
reliability of wait time measures either by clarifying the scheduling
policy to better define the desired date, or by identifying clearer
wait time measures that are not subject to interpretation and prone
to scheduler error," the report said.

"We certainly hear far too often that it is a frustrating, slow,
challenging situation," said Jeremy Butler, CEO of Iraq and
Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA).

The rest of the story, with video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2obl4mwc

Wayne R.