[AMP-L] Forget About the Leg, Just Watch Him Dance

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 05:35:50 PST 2022

via Killeen Daily Herald:

The high school choir room buzzed with spontaneous song and silliness
before the show. Their recent rendition of Disney´s "High School
Musical" was the students´ first chance to perform live since the
pandemic shut down the world two years ago.

Everyone was thrilled to be together again, but nervous, too.

At this point, someone usually shouts, "Break a leg!" MacKale
McGuire, one of the show´s stars, responds with a cheeky grin: "I beat
you to it."

It is dark humor from a young man whose left leg was amputated above
the knee four years ago after a battle with osteosarcoma, a type of bone
cancer. "I´ve said it too many times, and now people just roll their eyes
whenever they hear it," he said, chuckling. "But I love doing it. It´s
funny."

MacKale learned to walk again with a prosthetic leg. He returned to
golfing almost immediately and eventually played soccer. Inspired by
athletes in the winter Paralympics, which were on right about the time of
his amputation, he learned to ski on one leg.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/y8689epg

Wayne R.