[AMP-L] UNT Dallas Grad Shows Perseverance and Positivity Pay Off [Video]

Wayne Renardson wrenardson at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:09:48 PDT 2022

via NBC DFW:

Ariel Berkowitz, a double amputee, will graduate from UNT Dallas this
weekend.

The road to graduation isn't always easy. Few people know that better
than Ariel Berkowitz.

"It's not easy," Berkowitz said. "No one said it would be easy."

Berkowitz is part of The University of North Texas at Dallas' graduating
class of 2022. A few years ago, he didn't know if he'd ever go to college.

"I don't really remember much. I was hit by a train, and the train dragged
me for about 90-feet," Berkowitz said.

He left the hospital in 2016 as a double amputee; one leg was amputated
below the knee, the other above the knee.

The rest of the story, with video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/y3f5szcd

Wayne R.