[AMP-L] Amputee Shares With The World His Will to Live

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 12:01:51 PDT 2022

via Aleteia:

He´s undergone 28 surgeries, including 3 transplants that his body
rejected, the amputation of his leg, and cancer.

Children have a natural ability to normalize a traumatic event.
Amelia, who is only three and a half years old, clapped her hands the
day her father explained to her, in the simplest language possible,
that he had lost a leg. Her dad, Pablo Delgado, a 45-year-old from
Madrid, hasn´t had to adapt to infirmity - because he´s been dealing
with it since he was a baby.

"It´s an advantage. Since I was a little boy I´ve been bound to a
life of hospitals, operations, and transplants. So I haven´t had to
adapt, a process that always generates great difficulty for
patients."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2hmfwc66

Wayne R.