[AMP-L] Woman Recalls Journey to Join U.S. Amputee Soccer Team

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Thu Aug 3 09:43:18 PDT 2023

via FOX 40:

An Auburn woman is getting the chance to represent her country in an
international soccer tournament while also finding solace in the
sport.  Melissa Kendall is nearly a year removed from a
hemipelvectomy surgery that resulted in having her left leg
amputated.  Kendall, 37, had a rare form of cancer that forced her to
lose her leg, but the amputee soccer community has given her a sense
of belonging.

"To have them there and show me just how full life can be, whether it
can be in regaining function at work, the idea of having the family
and carrying a baby, and the fun of joining a sports team, it was
definitely eye-opening," Kendall told FOX40.com. "I´m very grateful
that the opportunity found me."

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/243hypbd

Wayne R.