[AMP-L] Film Review: Abled

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Thu Jun 29 09:06:28 PDT 2023

via Slug Magazine:

In spite of Abled´s narrative struggles, Blake Leeper´s story is one
well worth telling, especially in a time where competitions are
growing more exclusive.

"These next 12 months will dictate my next 12 years," Blake Leeper
says as he fixes on his prosthetic legs on the side of the running
track. An eight-time Paralympic medal recipient, Leeper is the focus
of the documentary film Abled and is hard at work training to compete
in the 400m event at the Tokyo Olympics.

Leeper was born with legs that only grew to knee length and wore
prosthetic legs from the time he was old enough to walk. He makes it
very clear that those closest to him (his brother, parents, friends,
coaches and teammates) never treated Leeper differently than any
other child. "I put my life into this sport like anybody else," he
says.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/244wej9o

Wayne R.