[AMP-L] Woman Calls Her Amputations a 'blessing'

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Tue May 2 12:02:45 PDT 2023

via Yahoo Canada:

Patricia Beston-Fayant survived through days of exposure to the cold
in December of 2021, but her hands and feet had to be amputated due
to her frostbite injuries. Still, she said she's happier now than
she's been a long time having freed herself from drug addiction.

Patricia Beston-Fayant survived through days of exposure to the cold
in December of 2021, but her hands and feet had to be amputated due
to her frostbite injuries. Still, she said she's happier now than
she's been a long time having freed herself from drug addiction.
(Submitted by Ruth Fayant - image credit)

Patricia Beston-Fayant says people sometimes look at her strangely
when she tells them she's grateful her hands and feet were amputated.

That loss, she says, brought back something she chased for 10 years
without success - sobriety.

"I haven't been this happy in so long. So if this is how I have to be
happy, then I don't really care really, because at least I'm still
alive," she said with a smile.

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2j6l9jog

Wayne R.