[AMP-L] Better Prosthetics for Amputees? Bob Kerrey Has a Plan for That

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Fri May 5 11:39:00 PDT 2023

via Amplitude:

I well remember Bob Kerry. He lost his leg BK the same year (1969) I
lost mine, but for different reasons. Bob's was due to the Vietnam
War while mine was from a motorcycle accident stateside. He became
governor and then Senator from a state where I'd been stationed
during the war and he certainly came to my attention when running a
marathon and his then GF, Debra Winger, was caught speeding driving
his automobile. I followed his career until he disappeared from
public view and it's a pleasure to welcome him back. Wayne R.
-----------------

Early in our conversation, Bob Kerrey interrupts himself and asks:
"Can I offer a political opinion?"

He´s been out of elected office for more than 20 years and off the
presidential campaign trail for more than 30. Yet Kerrey, the former
governor and US Senator from Nebraska, still has the fire for
politics and policy. Case in point: He recently vented some heat in
an editorial for Military.com, writing a passionate appeal to reduce
the incidence of limb loss among his fellow veterans.

The rest of the story, with photo, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2jl62lb2

Wayne R.