[AMP-L] Amputees Want More Help for Limb Loss Mental Anguish

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Sun May 14 15:05:30 PDT 2023

via BBC News:

When Barrie Evans had his left leg amputated he felt he had "nothing
to live for".

"I couldn't support my family, I couldn't pay my bills, I ended up on
suicide watch," said Barrie, 60, from Rogerstone, Newport.

He now runs a support group and is calling for more mental health aid
for those who experience limb loss.

The Welsh government said deciding appropriate rehabilitation
services was the responsibility of health boards.

The rest of the story, with photos, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2oany32j

with links to

What losing his legs taught surgeon about life

Amputee 'dreams' of designing clothes for all

Wayne R.