[AMP-L] 'I've been an amputee for 4 years. I don't want to be your "inspiration porn".' [Video]

Wayne Renardson wayne.renardson at comcast.net
Tue May 16 06:13:47 PDT 2023

via Mamamia:

I have been an amputee for four years, as a result of bone cancer.
Prior to this, I had never heard the term 'inspiration porn'.

Immediately after having my leg amputated, I started to be exposed to
it. Now, if you haven't heard of it before, inspiration porn is
basically the portrayal or even objectification of people with a
disability being seen as inspirational or for the benefit of
gratification to someone who is able-bodied.

The rest of the story, with photos & video, here:

https://tinyurl.com/2n94lxfa

Wayne R.