[athen] Changes in the great northwest

Stewart, Ron ron.stewart at oregonstate.edu
Tue Feb 21 10:54:38 PST 2006

Good morning,

I would like to take this opportunity to let you all know that I have
made the decision to leave OSU and will be taking a position in the
private sector. More news on this will be forthcoming in the next few
weeks.
I will be continuing on in my current role with AHEAD as their
Technology Advisor and as the Chair of the E-Text project for the
foreseeable future. It is also my intent to continue in my role with
ATHEN as the membership sees fit.
As a part of this new journey I will be moving to the east coast, and as
a part of the transition will be reducing my time at OSU to a 1/2 time
basis in April and leaving permanently in June. OSU is looking at the
program I have built here, and bringing in an outside review team to
assist in planning for its continued growth and development. I will be
a full participant in these activities and have agreed to continue on in
a consulting capacity with OSU if they should so desire.
A second part of this will be to absorb the ADTECH-PS related activities
into ATHEN, it just makes sense at this point. You will also be
receiving shortly the announcement of the first issue of the ATHEN
E-Journal and I would like to thank all those who have helped me in
finally seeing the light of day on this effort.
If you wish to contact me after I leave OSU in June my new email address
will be: ron at ahead.org
Ron Stewart