[Athen] accessibility of Sakai?

Jon Gunderson jongund at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 7 09:43:58 PDT 2006

Pamela,
We found a number of major accessibility issues with Sakai.

http://www.cita.uiuc.edu/collaborate/sakai/issues.php

There is a group working on promoting Sakai accessibility, but
it is more repair oriented than design oriened. They have no
accessibility design standards for what developers should be
doing to make Sakai modules accessible. They seem to assume
that developers "know" something about accessibility and use
that knowledge in their designs. Volunteers then report on
accessibility problems after modules are released and this is
put into a big tracking system.

Sakai accessibility discussion is available at:
http://bug.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/ENC/Accessibility

Jon

Jon