[athen] Mac Access [let's get started]

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Wed Mar 1 05:09:57 PST 2006

Colleagues -

Over the past few months there have been sporadic conversations on the
listservs regarding technology access issues of Macintosh computers.
These conversations indicate that few of us have little knowledge of
Apple Accessibility and what we do know is from limited exposure.

A few weeks ago, after a series of conversations with our IT about AT
issues, I was visited by the Apple Rep for BU (Matt Costello) and a Mac
Engineer (John Lemansky). They are very interested in learning about Mac
access from the point of view of end-users and those of us in the
tech-support trenches.

Today I have taken (temporary) possession of a PowerBook G4 for the
purpose of figuring out Access Tech in the Mac World and sharing my
results and reflections. I will have this unit until Mid-April and plan
on using it as my main workstation until then.

I will be posting my experiences on the ATHEN Blog:
http://athenpro.blogspot.com/

This blog does have an RSS feed for those of you with such a preference:
http://athenpro.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Daniel Berkowitz - Assistant Director
Boston University Office of Disability Services
19 Deerfield Street, 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02215

(617) 353-3658 (office)
(617) 353-9646 (fax)