[athen] Axistive - World's Leading Assistive TechnologyNewsPortal

E.A. Draffan ea at emptech.info
Thu Mar 9 13:17:55 PST 2006

I'll be there with my funny money (as Ron calls it) for our dues plus the
usual jet lag hence not offering to type up notes for the Web Cam although I
am willing to have a go if you are happy to have British spelling! - But
joking apart it will be great to see Dennis again. He always teases me that
I think he is going to be the Bill Gates of Assistive Technology News! I
know he has worked hard to achieve this site and really hope it raises the
AT profile.

Best Wishes E.A.

International ATHEN member!

E.A. -

Thanks for the info. I checked the site further and it appears that Dennis
is taking the Handicheck concept global. I would like to see this take root
and believe that he is heading in the right direction with coverage of CSUN.
All of the Tech-blogs and social networking sites (digg. com, slashdot,
gizmodo, cNet, engadget, PCWorld, etc.) covered the Consumer Electronics
Show in Las Vegas and are currently covering CeBIT in Hanover. I expect
Axistive will offer similar coverage of CSUN.

On behalf of Ron I have eMailed Dennis and invited him (or one of his
associates) to attend the ATHEN meeting on Wednesday night of the
conference. If they are looking for Freelancers they may as well meet the
crew.

The Axistive site is offering two separate RSS feeds. It might be time to
take the RSS plunge.

Daniel Berkowitz - Assistant Director

Boston University Office of Disability Services

19 Deerfield Street, 2nd floor

Boston, MA 02215

(617) 353-3658 (office)

(617) 353-9646 (fax)