[Athen] Enabling Abilities to Appear - Online Workshop Series

Glenda Watson Hyatt Glenda at webaccessibility.biz
Wed Oct 18 12:41:51 PDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm forwarding this online workshop announcement on behalf of my husband
Darrell. I thought it might interest some list members.

Thanks,

Glenda

Watch for my autobiography I'll Do It Myself due out in December!

Website: HYPERLINK "http://www.booksbyglenda.com/"www.BooksbyGlenda.com

_____

Adaptive Technology Doesn't Have to be Expensive

Online Workshop Series

This series of four online workshops teaches you how to utilize variety of
inexpensive adaptive technology software to enable their clients to reach
their individual goals. Topics include screen magnifiers, switch input,
text-to-speech and onscreen keyboards. For the last session bring your
biggest challenges in using adaptive technology software and hardware, and
brainstorm possible solutions.

Who should attend: occupational therapists, teachers, parents, individuals
with disabilities, seniors, and anyone interested in learning about adaptive
technology.

Location: online meeting room from the comfort of your own computer!

Dates Topic

Wednesday, November 15th Magnifiers & Switch Input

Wednesday, November 22nd Text to Speech

Wednesday, November 29th On-Screen Keyboards

Wednesday, December 6th Got Questions? Get Answers!

Time: 5:00-6:00pm PST (for all sessions)

Cost: $30.00CAD per session + G.S.T.(if applicable)

Register for all 4 and save $20!

Register: online at HYPERLINK
"http://www.enablingabilities.com/"www.enablingabilities.com

More info: Call Darrell (604) 306-5325

Mr. Darrell Hyatt has more than 25 years experience working with computers
as an operator, programmer, and technical support person. For the last four
years he was an instructor teaching computer skills to people with
disabilities at the Neil Squire Foundation.

Darrell has training in social work, business administration, computer
applications and trainer development. He also has extensive knowledge and
experience with a wide variety of adaptive technologies, and wants to
simplify the process to enable more people to use it and allow their
abilities to shine.

Reserve now! Space is limited!