[Athen] zoomtext network version

Michael Surato suratomi at rcpd.msu.edu
Mon Sep 11 05:39:12 PDT 2006

We have implemented the network version of ZoomText here at MSU. You are
correct in that this version requires a network folder connection to
function properly. This is a problem not only for clients that are not
in the same domain, but also for semi-independent clients such as
laptops. We are working with AISquaired to help them see this as a
problem. In an ideal world they would implement a setup such as Kurzweil
3000. This setup has the network clients attached through a TCP port
(solving the domain issue), and a "license to go" (a.k.a. license
checkout; solving the laptop issue). Perhaps if more people called
AISquaired expressing interest in such a setup they would be more likely
to implement such a setup.

| Michael Surato |

| Resource Center for Persons |

| with Disabilities |

| Michigan State University |

| 120 Bessey Hall |

| East Lansing, MI 48824 |

| Voice: (517) 353-9643 Fax: (517) 432-3191 |