[Athen] Speech Rec for Mac & Scribing/Captioning services

Ed. Rosenthal edward at ngtvoice.com
Thu Apr 5 15:46:27 PDT 2007

There is some speech recognition built into the Apple operating system, but
it is not generally well received in the marketplace. There are two
companies that make speech recognition for the Apple operating system:
MacSpeech (out of California)
IBM's ViaVoice (through Nuance Communications)

Generally, neither is of the same caliber or functionality as Dragon
NaturallySpeaking but both have a substantial number of users.

There are several services that I am aware of that can do captioning on an
as needed basis. Are you thinking of something that uses video relay or
something different?

Edward S. Rosenthal, ATACP Graduate
President and CEO
Next Generation Technologies Inc.
20006 Cedar Valley Rd. #101
Lynnwood, WA 98036-6334
Ph: 425-744-1100 ext. 15
Fx: 425-778-5547
Em: edward at ngtvoice.com

This document may have been generated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical
version 9.1 and/or handwriting recognition on a Motion LE1600 Tablet PC...
please disregard remaining misrecognitions or unusual formatting.

_____