[Athen] Structured accessible HTML from PDF

E.A. Draffan ea at emptech.info
Wed Apr 11 02:27:45 PDT 2007

I have experimented a little bit - the interface is easy to use and the
output is seen alongside the original.

I have used it for PDF to Word and found that it was saved in a RiverDocs
format and it was easier for me to copy and paste the contents into Word.
Tables if accessible were linearalised in a rather odd way as has been said

If the entire PDF is a picture then obviously there is no conversion - it
just puts the picture into the conversion area and you can re-size it etc!

I had one PDF form with the labels to the left and lines for writing on
beside the labels - the conversion put all the labels in a list and
collected all the lines after the list. It was in fact easier just to copy
and paste the contents of that PDF into Word to make necessary changes!

Google and Opera can make better versions at times for free :>))

However, there is a useful 'issues' button that flags up why things may not
have converted well.

Best Wishes E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan
Assistive Technologist