[Athen] Do you know..MS Expression Web Professional Design Tool?

Heidi Scher hascherdss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:42:59 PDT 2007

Happy Friday afternoon!

Has anyone seen the new MS Expression Web Professional Design Tool which
seems to be MS's replacement for FrontPage? Have a faculty member who
doesn't like using Dreamweaver and wants to purchase this instead.

I'd like to gather info to give him some additional info to consider. He's
not trained in web design, just doing it as additional job duties. He's
into the design, not technical.

But I'm cynical - it's a MS product. Here's a blurb from their website:

"New Era, New Tool
Reduce complexity and ease data integration by using powerful design tools
and task panes to quickly incorporate XML data. Seamlessly integrate Web
design and development teams with Expression Web and Visual Studio's
superior support for XML, ASP.NET and XHTML.

Beautiful Inside and Out
Unleash your creative ideas and bring your Web sites to life with
sophisticated CSS design features. Visual designers, specialized task panes,
and tool bars give you precise control of page layout and formatting.

Passionate about Standards
Build dynamic, interactive pages that harness the power of the Web to
deliver superior quality. Built-in support for today's modern Web standards
makes it easy to optimize your sites for accessibility and cross-browser
compatibility."

Your thoughts?? Your suggestions??

TIA!

Heidi

Heidi Scher, M.S., CRC
Counselor/Coordinator of Disability Services
Arkansas State University - Beebe
501-882-8263 V/T