[Athen] anyone have experience in real-time captioning

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Thu Apr 26 04:17:23 PDT 2007

We do this for our main ceremony at Nickerson Field. It is semi-real-time in that we are able to get the text of the speeches to the captionist just prior to the ceremony. Individual programs are able to hire captionist as necessary. We are very fortunate to have the pros from WGBH right in our backyard and they are contracted every year.: http://main.wgbh.org/wgbh/pages/mag/services/captioning/

The response has been overwhelmingly positive -- especially from our older commencement guests. Call me if you want more details.

Cheers --- Dann

Daniel Berkowitz - Assistant Director
Boston University Office of Disability Services
19 Deerfield Street, 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02215

(617) 353-3658 (office)
(617) 353-9646 (fax)