[Athen] braille book

Nusen, Michael Michael.Nusen at ppcc.edu
Mon Aug 13 17:37:44 PDT 2007

At least will attempt to produce the book in-house bcs we've never done
Nemeth Braille.

Though we already have a Romeo embosser, we will have to procure the
Scientific Notebook software, learn Nemeth Braille, etc.

Below I've updated the book we need by adding the page ranges & # of
pages & the estimated cost if we farmed this out.

MAT 106: ISBN 0-13-238357-8. 7th edition, Intermediate Algebra by Allen
Angel.

Here's the chapters/sections/pages/# of pages we need:

Chapter Sections Pages
# of Pages

2 2, 3, 4, & 5 77-125
48

3 all 143-232
89

4 1, 3, & 6 233-244, 252-266,
282-296 39

5 all 297-380
83

6 1 through 5 381-431
50

7 all 448-516
68

8 1 through 5 517-572
55

Total # of Pages = 432

According to the California Community College's Alternate Text
Production Center (ATPC) at
http://www.atpc.net/home.nsf/aa2f5d71bbc4741e88256b59007fc9e9/64C4CAC338
12F1768825726E000454A6?OpenDocument

"math transcription can range from 4 to 10 Braille pages per one page of
printed text, not counting the graphics".

At ATPC's estimated cost of $6.67 per Brailled page (not including
graphics) the cost for ATPC to produce the above pages would be between
$11,525.76 and $28,814.40 (not including graphics)-:

432 x 4 pages = 1728 brailled pages x $6.67 = $11,525.76 (not
including graphics)

432 x 10 pages = 4320 brailled pages x $6.67 = $28,814.40 (not
including graphics)

Thank you,

Michael Nusen
Coordinator, OASIS/CAC
(Office of Accommodative Services and Instructional Support/Computer
Access Center)
Pikes Peak Community College
michael.nusen at ppcc.edu <mailto:michael.nusen at ppcc.edu>
719-502-3022