[Athen] braille work and ocr

Wink Harner wink.harner at mcmail.maricopa.edu
Wed Aug 15 13:14:23 PDT 2007

Hi ATHEN-ites,

Phil, this is a completely unreasonable, un-meetable goal. Even if a
brailling service is expert in foreign languages or physics (our current
examples!), a 790 page university physics II book takes 800 man hours to
input, print, edit and publish. Can you figure how that fits into a
21-day turn around time? Even if we

With your permission, I would like to forward the request for input to
our colleagues at ASU who are doing our physics brailling this fall and
ask their comments on what is "reasonable" turnaround for a job of this
scope.

Blessings, all!

Wink
Ms. Wink Harner