[Athen] Most accessible open source CMS

John Foliot - Stanford Online Accessibility Program jfoliot at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 20 11:15:40 PST 2007

E.A. Draffan wrote:

> I am sure this has been discussed but with all the updates to open

> source CMS tools I just wondered if anyone had an opinion on which is

> the most accessible one? Joomla seem to be off with Google to work on

> it

> http://code.google.com/soc/joomla/appinfo.html?csaid=52B7D46E2DD02887

> Mambo and Drupal are on Robbie's list and I am using Moodle at the

> moment.

Sorry for the delay...

>From another list I subscribe to come this great resource:

http://wiki.euain.org/doku.php?id=wiki:glossary:choosing_an_accessible_cms

The author, Joshue O Connor, is Senior Accessibility Consultant for the
Centre for Inclusive Technology, an initiative of The National Council for
the Blind of Ireland. It provides a good overview of many of the current
OSCMSes out there.

Readers might also be interested in the following:

http://2007.oscms-summit.org/

It's at Yahoo!'s Campus in Sunnyvale, CA on March 22-23. There's no charge
but you need to register.

Cheers!

JF
---