[Athen] Most accessible open source CMS

Pratik Patel pratikp1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 23:01:58 PST 2007

Glenda Watson Hyatt wrote:
Snip ---------------
Thanks for this, John. Very timely as I'm considering using WordPress to
redesign a non-profit's website. At this point, the interface doesn't need
to be overly accessible. I'm more concerned that the output is accessible.

I didn't see WordPress listed in the wiki article; not sure if that means
anything. Any thoughts/comments on using WordPress?

PP:
Glenda,

WordPress is not designed to be a CMS but a blogging platform. That, of
course, doesn't stop organizations such as the New York Times from using it
as a CMS with most of their online presence. It will take an incredible
amount of configuration for you to get it up an running as a full site.
I'll take a look at another CMS that takes a little less work but still
gives you the flexibility you need to work with content

Pratik