[Athen] Fwd: Accessibility Testing Position Available With Internet Explorer Team at Microsoft

Dick Banks dick.banks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:36:22 PDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kelly Ford <kford at windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Jun 6, 2007 11:28 AM
Subject: Accessibility Testing Position Available With Internet Explorer
Team at Microsoft
To: EASI at listserv.icors.org

Hello,

My personal address happens to be subscribed to this list but I do work on
the IE team at Microsoft and the position described here would be on my test
team within the larger IE test organization. My work address is
kford at microsoft.com.

We have an opening for someone to head up our Internet Explorer
accessibility test efforts and work as a software development engineer in
test here at Microsoft on the IE team.

The full job description can be found at
http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=EDC85083-8FD9-4E16-BE2B-1B736C30E3AC&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted.
If the link does not work for some reason you can go to
http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/default.aspx and enter job code
186473.

The position involves direct responsibility of our assistive technology
compat testing, development of test automation to test aspects of our
accessibility independent of any AT product and working across the full IE
team to ensure others are incorporating accessibility correctly into their
work. It is an opportunity to have a large impact across the product and
develop a wide range of skills in a very dynamic and fun environment. If
you are interested or know someone who is, please see the job description
and related resources for more details. If I can answer any questions about
the position feel free to let me know. Please do not reply to the full list
about the position though.

I've been with Microsoft for about 6.5 years and I can say that it is a very
rewarding place to work filled with opportunities to learn and grow, impact
technology from across the company and an environment where you'll have
positive challenges that will stretch your skills and let you develop new
ones. You can read more about life at Microsoft as part of the general
career information available from
http://members.microsoft.com/careers/default.mspx.

Thanks,

Kelly

--
Dick Banks
CTO - EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information

Online Course Starting June 4
Barrier-free Web Design
http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb.htm

TWO FREE WEBINARS IN JUNE