[Athen] The Thoughts of Chairman Bill

Marks, Jim marks at mso.umt.edu
Mon Nov 19 13:13:04 PST 2007

Thanks, Bob. If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that
the MS Word save as Daisy plug-in will not necessarily result in
readable files, and that you want Daisy to aim for the integration of
its functions in mainstream publishing so that readability can be
delivered completely. Both of these sound great by me. Only place
where I would disagree is that we have to be pragmatic and move towards
the ultimate goals as best we can. I think the save as Daisy plug-in is
a pretty nifty thing in terms of evidence of our progress. For sure, we
have yet to arrive, but we just passed an important landmark just the
same.

Jim Marks
Director of Disability Services
University of Montana