[Athen] Questions regarding post-secondary institution captioningprograms

Jean Wells jean.wells at csueastbay.edu
Thu Oct 18 08:03:41 PDT 2007

We have tried several options at CSU East Bay... doing captions inhouse,
transcripts overseas, doing part of the process in house and we have finally
decided that outsourcing the entire operation to Automatic Sync
(automaticsync.com) is the best overall solution. The provide a complete
serve at $211 a video hour. You send in the VHS and in 2 weeks they return a
captioned DVD. We are just beginning to use their services and the jury is
still out. The captions are really English subtitles but no one has
complained about that. There is no way this process can be completed inhouse
for less than what they are charging. They are a great company to work with.

Hope this helps.
Jean