[Athen] Microsoft Word versus Open Office

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Wed Sep 12 11:41:24 PDT 2007

I have not personally used Oo with access technology but know first hand
that it can handle several thousands of pages with no problem.

In answer to Terry's question of earlier -- if you have a regular text
document in Oo and wish to convert it to PDF there is a toolbar button
that will "export directly to PDF". When you press the 'save' button you
will be greeted with several tabs worth of options. One of these is
"Tagged PDF". We have used this with great success.

Cheers --- Dann

=========================
Daniel Berkowitz - Assistant Director
Boston University Office of Disability Services
19 Deerfield Street, 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02215

(617) 353-3658 (office)
(617) 353-9646 (fax)
djbrky at bu.edu (eMail)
www.bu.edu/disability

particularly

>for Writer, isn't exactly stellar. At one time, it was absolutely out

>of reach. I've never had Word crash on 200 or 300 page books, but

maybe