[Athen] Microsoft Word versus Open Office

Kestrell kestrell at panix.com
Wed Sep 12 12:34:35 PDT 2007

Dan,

Yes, I do find the accessibility of open source applications something of a
hot button especially as open source so often comes with the promise of
increased usability, improved memory resource allocation, and other
usability features which, I feel, are all that more important to assistive
technology users. Add to this assuarances I have received from developers of
OO that it is accessible, despite my finding it not so, and I get a bit
disgruntled wondering if the OO folks are as concerned with accessibility as
they claim.

The irony of tools which promise increased accessibility turning out to be
not very accessible to assistive tech users continues to make me feel I have
a humor impairment.

Kes