[Athen] pdf problems

Sean Keegan skeegan at htctu.net
Thu Sep 13 11:24:42 PDT 2007

> I forgot to add that we're using Adobe.

> Unfortunately, we don't have another OCR program.

Let me just make sure I am understanding - you are using the built-in OCR
engine that ships with Adobe Acrobat, correct? I'll bet dollars to
doughnuts you are...

I have encountered this before as well and I am not sure what is really
happening behind the scenes. Acrobat will say that it "recognizes text",
but then you don't get any usable information. In all honesty, I have not
pursued this as I had access to other, and IMO, better OCR applications to
extract text.

I will see if there is another option.

Take care,
Sean