[Athen] DOJ proposed changes to disability regulations

Maureen Bourbeau mbourbea at email.smith.edu
Fri Dec 5 07:22:30 PST 2008

Sheila.

I am curious to read the article but cannot find it in the printed or online copy of Dec 5th. Could you point me in the right direction? did you read this online?

Thanks,
--Maureen

>>> Sheila Kieran-Greenbush <sheila at columbia.edu> 12/5/2008 9:36 AM >>>

I just read in the December 5 Chronicle of Higher Education in an
article by Sara Lipka, "

Proposed Federal Regulations Would Ease Up on Colleges'
Responsibilities Under Disability Law"

The that the Department of Justice is proposing new regulations "that
would limit the accommodations universities and other entities must
provide under the existing law." If the articles report is correct, it
seems to be we will be stepping backwards not forwards.

--
sckg
sheila at columbia.edu