[Athen] Question re Acrobat and Word

Kathleen Cahill kcahill at MIT.EDU
Sun Jun 1 08:51:15 PDT 2008

Hi Norm;

I have Acrobat Professional 8, which adds an extra menu item in
Microsoft Word to allow me to "Save as PDF". I checked the Adobe
website to see if Acrobat Standard 8 allows the same thing and they are
not clear about that: "Create Adobe PDF documents with one button ease
from Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office applications,
including Access, Outlook, and Publisher, as well as Lotus Notes." But
they do not specifically mention MS Word.

I would contact Adobe to clarify before making a purchase of Acrobat
Standard.

Kathy Cahill
MIT ATIC (Adaptive Technology) Lab