[Athen] K3000 network evaluation dilemma

James Bailey jbailey at uoregon.edu
Mon Jun 16 09:35:43 PDT 2008

My school is considering doing a network deployment of K3000. My problem is that there seems to be no way to test this product for compatibility with our network. There is no “demo” version of the network component. And Kurzweil’s documentation claims that you can only return an “unopened” product. My sales rep keeps saying, there is no difference between the stand alone and network version. Of course, he is talking about the front-end program and not the back-end license manger. I understand that most of these network license managers work pretty seamlessly, but I still like an out in case the product needs something we cannot provide on our network.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated, including the name of anyone higher up the food chain at Kurzweil that I can talk to.

– Thanks, James

--
James Bailey
Adaptive Technology Access Adviser, University of Oregon
jbailey at uoregon.edu