[Athen] Two things

Charlie Jordan charlie.jordan at asu.edu
Wed Mar 5 16:12:33 PST 2008

Two things:

1. Is anyone working with Magpie/video captioning? I'm having problems with an asx file/encoding and playing it thru a Mac with Windows Media Player version 9. Depending on the encoding I pick I can either get it to play without captioning or make windows media player crash. (I can get it play fine on a Windows computer.) Frustrating. Especially since I'm new to captioning.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Also -- not to beat a dead horse, but if you've been captioning, would you mind giving advice about what file formats we should be offering videos in? Many of my institution's promo videos are in quicktime and wmv; are there better choices both for captioning and "playability" features?

2. THANK YOU for the Paypal membership payment thing. Really, really helps in getting the membership paid. Thx much.

Charlie Jordan

ASU's West campus

602-543-8181

charlie.jordan at asu.edu<mailto:charlie.jordan at asu.edu>