[Athen] Two things

Sean Keegan skeegan at htctu.net
Wed Mar 5 16:28:32 PST 2008

> I'm having problems with an asx file/encoding and playing it thru a Mac

with

> Windows Media Player version 9. Depending on the encoding I pick I can

either get

> it to play without captioning or make windows media player crash.

What is the encoding that you are selecting?

> Also -- not to beat a dead horse, but if you've been captioning, would you

mind

> giving advice about what file formats we should be offering videos in?

Many of my

> institution's promo videos are in quicktime and wmv; are there better

choices both

> for captioning and "playability" features?

My two favorite formats right now are QuickTime and FLV (Flash Video). Both
seem to work across platforms without too many problems. For those who have
a resource on campus that can handle Windows Media content, then that can
work as well, but I would also offer the content in one of the other formats
as well (QT or FLV).

> THANK YOU for the Paypal membership payment thing.

The man you want to thank is Joe Humbert. Give him a pat on the back if you
see him at CSUN.

Take care,
Sean