[Athen] Caption standards

Charlie Jordan charlie.jordan at asu.edu
Tue Mar 11 14:36:51 PDT 2008

Athenians (and Romans, I suppose)

Sorry for the inundation about captioning issues; it may be obvious that I've jumped into a project.

What standards do you rely upon for deciding the format of captioning? That is, for example, when to use ellipses, when to use brackets, etc., etc.

I've found "2007 Captioning Key Guidelines and Preferred Technique" issued by the Described and Captioned Media Program. Is this an accepted "best practices" guide? Is there a best practices guide more widely used?

Thanks.

Charlie Jordan
ASU's West campus
602-543-8181