[Athen] Caption standards

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Tue Mar 11 14:53:02 PDT 2008

We follow the CMP guide. I like it because the deaf and HOH population was
consulted as to their preferences, and that carries a lot of weight with me.
There is no "official" standard or governing body, as there is with Braille,
but most folks I have spoken with follow the CMP Key.

The only other guidelines that I know of are from NCAM/WGBH, but those are
more Web-specific.

Hope that helps!

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the